Cover art courtesy Big Machine Records
NASHVILLE, TN (February 19, 2021) – Iconic voices of Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Patty Loveless paving the way with gut-wrenching honesty and deliberate sass, CARLY PEARCE shoulders her own tough truths throughout29 (out now via Big Machine Records). The CMA Award-winning singer/songwriter crafts a classic return to the genre with the seven-song collection, exploring the pain and courage that allows space for growth. She opens up about the unsteady path and finding grace in Carly Pearce’s 29 – The Interview.
The Kentucky native has carved her place in Country music writing about life as it’s lived. Honing her natural talent as a 16-year-old performing full-time at Dollywood to harsh perspective in adult relationships, the experiences guided her PLATINUM-certified, No. 1 hits “Every Little Thing” and “I Hope You’re Happy Now.” Teaming with Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne, Carly mines vulnerability with the same candor that defined Tammy Wynette. As the siren warnings of “Next Girl” climb into Top 30 at Country radio and her catalogue bursts over 1 billion streams, Carly marks a new chapter coming of age.
More traditional-leaning than many of her contemporaries, these songs showcase the burn in her torchy alto and the power of lean writing that captures a moment. She invites fans to Carly Pearce: 29 Live, an intimate concert event on YouTube February 24 beginning at 6:01P CT with a live Q&A. The stripped-down performance celebrating the new music will be available for 29 hours only.
29 TRACK LIST
1. “Next Girl” | Carly Pearce, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
2. “Should’ve Known Better” | Carly Pearce, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Shackelton
3. “29” | Carly Pearce, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
4. “Liability” | Carly Pearce, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
5. “Messy” | Carly Pearce, Sarah Buxton, Jimmy Robbins*
6. “Show Me Around” | Carly Pearce, Emily Shackelton, Ben West
7. “Day One” | Carly Pearce, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne, Matthew Ramsey
Produced by Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne
*Produced by Jimmy Robbins